As Chip Wilson outlined in the 2003 lululemon Manifesto, "Write down your short and long-term GOALS four times a year. A class study at Harvard found only 3% of the students had written goals. 20 years later, the same 3% were wealthier than the other 97% combined."
The 3% of individuals with both written goals and a plan of execution, were making ten times as much as the rest of the 97% of the class.
This statistic blew me away. The simple act of writing down our goals and creating a plan of action to accomplish them is responsible for such tremendous results. Setting clear goals and keeping them at the forefront of our minds gives us the power to accomplish our dreams and join that 3%. Write down your goals today, you will thank yourself 20 years down the line.